PARKING IN THE THEATER DISTRICT
The underground Theater District parking garages operated by Houston First Corporation are now open.
•Open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The garage will be open on most weekdays from 6am to 11pm and open at noon on weekends.
• Cost of parking is $12; hourly parking is not available until further notice.
The underground parking garages have been closed since flood waters from Hurricane Harvey filled all three levels with more than 270 million gallons of water. Although the garages are operational, additional work remains before they are fully restored.
The elevators in the garages remain inoperable. Trams will be available to shuttle those customers who need assistance. Customers should notify a garage attendant upon arrival, if they need this service.
The Theater District underground parking garage includes three garages (green, yellow and blue), which span 18 underground blocks and consists of 3,369 parking spaces.
• Use these Interactive Maps and parking services for locations and rates of area garages, surface lots and on-street parking:
o Parking Panda
o SP+ - which operates many lots and garages from NRG Park to downtown Houston.
• Metered street parking information can be found HERE. Metered street parking is free after 6pm and all-day on Sundays. Remember these parking tips to avoid a parking ticket!
• MetroRail is a great option to avoid finding parking in our area. Visit their website for schedules and rates.
• GreenLink (Orange Route) is free bus ride around the downtown area operating Thursdays-Sundays during specific hours. See the schedule for complete details.
• Taxis are a flat $6 within the Downtown area. A great option if you must find parking further away from the theater.
• Use ride-sharing apps like Uber, Lyft and Get Me to get to and from the theater. These may also help if you had to park a good distance away from the venue. At Jones Hall, the ride-sharing drop-off/pick-up location is on Louisiana St. Just look for the signs for the drop-off/pick-up area!
• Use The Wave, a jitney service which operates Thursdays – Sundays. A jitney is a hybrid between a taxi, Uber and public bus. Read more about their services and see if they are right for your next trip to the Theater District.
Theater District Parking Customer Service: 832-487-7070
If you are unable to reach this number or the garage is closed, please call Andy Frain Security at 832-982 -7357.